MASS & SERVICE TIMES
29th MARCH 2020 – 5th SUNDAY OF LENT (CYCLE A)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are no public Masses until further notice.
If Fr Simon is unobtainable and you urgently need a Priest please phone the parish mobile: 07548 222133. Please use this number for emergencies only i.e. where a priest is needed urgently.
There is the opportunity of sharing mass together by viewing the live stream that will be sent from Shrewsbury Cathedral. There is also a schedule of prayer and mass times that can be viewed. The main website is http://www.dioceseofshrewsbury.org/
The live streams are on the ‘Live Masses’ link http://www.dioceseofshrewsbury.org/about-us/live-masses
A message from the Bishop
I have been pleased to receive feedback on the live-streaming from the Cathedral. It was difficult to put these arrangements in place amid the continuing building works; however, it has been good to receive many messages from people appreciating the opportunity to be united in prayer and in the celebration of Mass in the Mother Church of the Diocese. I am grateful to all who helped to hastily put the new front page in place on our Diocesan website so people can connect more easily to the live- feed. The Cathedral’s daily programme will be reviewed week by week, so that it can be streamlined and best serve the Diocese.
I have also been pleased to hear from you about many initiatives to live stream the Mass in local parishes and to keep people connected in prayer during these difficult days. We have received notification of the following parish live streams which have become available since the weekend:
- Christ Church, Heald Green: http://christchurchhg.co.uk/
- St Anthony’s, Wythenshawe: http://wythcc.co.uk/
- St Peters Hazel Grove: www.churchservices.tv/stockport
- St Alban’s, Macclesfield: http://www.stalbanmacc.org.uk/stalbanslivestream.html
- St Joseph and Holy Family, Sale: https://www.facebook.com/stjosephssale/
- Our Lady and the Apostles, Shaw Heath: https://www.churchservices.tv/ourladystockport
- St Chad’s, Cheadle: https://www.churchservices.tv/cheadle
- Our Lady’s National Shrine in Walsingham ~ especially significant for Sunday 29th March ~ Rededication of England as the Dowry of Mary: https://www.walsingham.org.uk/live-stream/
ACTS OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNION
My correspondents have noted the opportunity to make the act of spiritual communion in the live streamed Masses, some have told me how moving they found this moment. I think this practice is something which we must seek to encourage and promote more widely in the coming weeks. It powerfully expresses our desire and hunger for the Holy Eucharist and to remain united with Christ during these days when many are isolated.
Ideas to keep busy
200 CLUB DRAW
Winner: £40 Prize this week – Mrs Marie Noad
WHY NOT JOIN THE 200 CLUB AND HELP THE PARISH?
Signs seen outside Churches
• 7 days without prayer makes one weak
• Do you spend your time with Gods book or Face book?